(NewsNation Now) — If you’re like most Americans, something or someone probably set you off today. If you’re like many Americans, your day was a bummer. But if you are like 1/5 of the country, your day was clinically awful. That’s because 21% of us suffer from depression, anxiety, addiction or PTSD.
Americans spend a staggering $240 billion per year on mental health services. But if what you’re doing isn’t working, or if you’re looking for a better option, a better day?
A whole new field of psychiatric science is opening up to help Americans amid a mental health crisis and an ongoing opioid epidemic. Hold on to your hat, because the science involves drugs like LSD, ecstasy, magic mushrooms and ketamine to name just a few.
They’ve been demonized for decades but many now think it’s time to reexamine them.
- Gabby Petito memorial service to be held on Long Island
- ☀ September 26: An Amtrak train derails. And Hurricane Sam is upgraded to Category 4, and it’s getting stronger.
- Tony Awards and TV special hope to be the jab Broadway needs
- Petito case renews call to spotlight missing people of color
- ‘Mr. Baseball’ in the front row at last: Brewers honor announcer Bob Uecker for 50 years behind mic