CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Is history repeating itself?
The U.S. is set to deploy 3,000 troops to help evacuate the American embassy in Afghanistan’s capital city as a reinvigorated Taliban blankets the country.
Some are seeing shades of Saigon’s fall in 1975 and wondering if President Joe Biden pulled U.S. troops too soon.
Also, Prince Andrew’s legal problems are now officially transatlantic. While he’s in Scotland at the royal family’s annual summer shindig, 500 miles south, London’s calling. At least they may be very soon as the city’s top police official says there’s currently no investigation but that they’re reviewing all files on the Duke of York.
All of this is in light of a police investigation in America and, rumor has it, the queen is none too pleased.
- ☀September 19: Law enforcement searching for Gabby Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie. And worries over another Capitol riot prove to be much ado about very little.
- Same goal, different paths: US, EU seek to maximize vaccine rates
- Cancel culture dominates season 2 of ‘The Morning Show’
- Primetime Emmy Awards about shows, stars, statues — and an ever-changing industry
- ‘Let’s party. Let’s celebrate’: Host Cedric the Entertainer says stuffiness is banned at Emmys