CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Records show Brian Laundrie’s family arranged a camping trip shortly before Brian disappeared and police began searching for him in the wake of Gabby Petito’s disappearance.
The Laundrie camping trip first came to light when “Dog the Bounty Hunter” said he got a tip about a campground 70 miles north of the Laundrie family home. When he pulled the records from Sept. 7 and 8, it showed Brian’s mom registered for campsite 001 on the waterfront at the Desoto Park campground near St Petersburg.
The public information specialist for Pinellas County where the campground is located sent NewsNation a campground registration that shows every camper’s name and length of stay. Roberta Laundrie, the name of Brian’s mother, was booked to stay there Sept. 6 to Sept. 8.
This timeline lines up with what the Laundrie’s neighbors said when they alleged seeing Brian and his parents pack up a new camper and leave about a week after Brian returned home without Gabby Petito on Sept. 1.
Also, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson joins the show to discuss Demi Lovato’s claim about a close encounter with an extraterrestrial craft in Joshua Tree National Park in Southern California.
- October 24: Dems scramble to find common ground on Biden bill. And it’s the Braves and the Astros in the World Series.
- Brave new world: Atlanta beats LA 4-2, heads to World Series
- Braves vs. Astros: A World Series 6 decades in the making
- Philadelphia Union, Subaru reach MLS zero-landfill stadium goal
- 1st big New Orleans parade since pandemic a go: Krewe of Boo