CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — ‘Tis the season for hiring! Amid worker and supply chain shortages, companies across the country are scouting seasonal employees.
“This is a high season for retail and every retailer who is customer-obsessed wants the in-store experience to be great, hence the push to get people through the door and on the floor,” said retail expert James Dodge.
Dodge says the biggest hurdle retailers face is getting items to market due to supply chain issues. Employers are now offering incentives for new and old employees to work during the holiday season in order to keep up with demand.
Not sure how to find us? Here’s how to watch NewsNation on TV and online.
“A lot of companies are trying to be flexible on their hiring process to make it easier to find an employee. We’re also seeing an increase in wages and bonuses in some places,” Dodge says.
Macy’s is hiring 76,000 employees. Kohl’s is seeking 90,000 workers. Target, Walmart and Amazon are looking to hire at least 100,000 employees.
Dodge encouraged Americans to seek employment and shop amid the pandemic and supply chain issues.
“Go shop. Be patient with the people in-store and the retailers as we try to work through this as a society,” Dodge says.
- Bob Dole to lie in state at Capitol as nation honors senator
- Josh Duggar trial: Duggar confessed in 2003 to molesting children, says family friend
- At least 20 juveniles arrested after fights in downtown Chicago
- Wisconsin Republicans urge removal of DA over parade deaths
- Justice Department sues Texas over new redistricting maps