CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Spanx founder Sara Blakely gifted each employee with a pair of round-trip tickets to anywhere in the world and a $10,000 bonus in celebration of the billion-dollar sale of the company.
Blakely sold a majority stake in Spanx to Blackstone last week, the deal valued the shapewear company at $1.2 billion.
“To celebrate this moment, I have bought each one of you two first-class tickets to anywhere in the world,” the self-made mogul announced to a room full of her staff on Friday.
A now-viral clip of Blakely’s announcement shows Spanx employees crying, screaming and embracing one another in excitement over the CEO’s gesture.
“And you know if you go on a trip, you might want to go out to a really nice dinner or you might want to go out to a really nice hotel,” Blakely added. “So, with everybody’s two first-class tickets to anywhere in the world, you are each getting $10K to spend on your trip,”
Spanx has approximately 750 employees.
- Former NFL player Glenn Foster dies after Sunday arrest
- Defense rests in Jussie Smollett trial, Brooke Shields reflects on Barbara Walters interview, Gayle King looks back on R. Kelly interview
- Radio: Bidens honor Pearl Harbor’s fallen in visit to WWII Memorial
- Radio: New York City poised to give voting rights to noncitizens
- Ex-Montana police chief pleads guilty to child porn charge