Musk says Twitter deal could move ahead with ‘bot’ info

Tech

FILE – Tesla and SpaceX Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk speaks at the SATELLITE Conference and Exhibition in Washington, Monday, March 9, 2020. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh, File)

(NewsNation) — Elon Musk took to social media early Saturday to weigh in on his contentious $44 billion plan to take over Twitter.

The billionaire and Tesla CEO said the deal should move forward if the company can confirm some details about how it measures whether user accounts are ‘spam bots’ or real people.

“If Twitter simply provides their method of sampling 100 accounts and how they’re confirmed to be real, the deal should proceed on original terms,” Musk tweeted. “However, if it turns out that their SEC filings are materially false, then it should not.”

Musk has been trying to back out of his April agreement to buy the social media company, leading Twitter to sue him last month to complete the acquisition.

Musk countersued, accusing Twitter of misleading his team about the true size of its user base and other problems he said amounted to fraud and breach of contract.

Both sides are headed toward an October trial in a Delaware court.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

© 1998 - 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved.

Trending on NewsNation

Elections 2022

More Elections 2022