SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Comedian and actress Kathy Griffin revealed Monday she has stage 1 lung cancer.
She is having surgery to have half of her left lung removed, she said in a tweet Monday morning.
“Yes, I have lung cancer even though I’ve never smoked!” Griffin said. She added that she may not need chemotherapy or radiation once the surgery is complete.
“I should be up and running around as usual in a month or less […]I’m gonna be just fine,” she said.
Her announcement ended with a warning that the consequences of her diagnosis would have been even more serious if she had not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Griffin urged people to get regular medical checkups, saying, “It’ll save your life.”
- Derek Chauvin to appeal George Floyd murder conviction
- Tempted to take expired medicines? Here’s what you need to know
- Gabby Petito memorial service to be held on Long Island
- ☀ September 26: An Amtrak train derails. And Hurricane Sam is upgraded to Category 4, and it’s getting stronger.
- Tony Awards and TV special hope to be the jab Broadway needs