WASHINGTON (WDVM) — Legendary country singer Dolly Parton took to Twitter on Tuesday to share a special birthday message to her husband of 57 years.
Parton said in an attached video: “I was trying to think of something to do to make him happy. He still thinks I’m a hot chick after 57 years, and I’m not gonna try to talk him out of that.”
The singer decided to recreate her 1978 “Playboy” cover shoot as a gift to him.
Parton explains in the video that she originally planned to pose in “Playboy” when she was 75 years old, but unfortunately, the magazine is no longer in existence.
“Remember some time back I said I was gonna pose on ‘Playboy’ magazine when I’m 75? Well, I’m 75 and they don’t have a magazine anymore, but my husband always loved the original cover of ‘Playboy,'” she said.
The magazine’s spring 2020 issue was its last regularly scheduled printed issue. The magazine is now published online.
She jokes that she was “kind of a little butterball” in her original “Playboy” cover, but she says she’s “string cheese” in this one.
Fans responded with support and encouragement to her Twitter post and birthday gift to her husband.
- Banfield: Uncovering Brian Laundrie’s secrets
- Radio: North Carolina man identified as victim of John Wayne Gacy
- Radio: Industry peers angry over movie set shooting
- Anthropologist behind TV’s ‘Bones’ digs into the Laundrie remains
- Radio: Brian Laundrie’s cause of death under investigation