(NEXSTAR) — “Wow.”
That was Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s response when he saw a viral photo of an Alabama police officer who could have been his twin.
The 49-year-old star of “Jungle Cruise” reposted a side-by-side photo of himself and Patrol Lt. Eric Fields, of the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office.
“Oh s—! Wow,” Johnson tweeted Monday.
The photo, which shows both bald, buff men wearing aviator sunglasses and a smile, has received more than 16,000 likes and has been retweeted over 1,000 times.
“Guy on the left is way cooler,” Johnson tweeted, adding, “Stay safe brother and thank you for your service.”
He also promised they’d share a drink with his signature tequila brand sometime: “One day we’ll drink @Teremana and I need to hear all your ‘Rock stories’ because I KNOW you got ‘em.”
According to People.com, folks began taking notice of Fields’ resemblance to The Rock about two weeks ago when the Sheriff’s Office posted on Facebook about a man in Alabama who told another officer he wanted to meet the deputy “that people say looks like ‘The Rock.'”
“Lieutenant Fields was happy to swing by the Hartselle Wal-mart to see him,” the post read.
- Where’s my September child tax credit payment? Some are reporting delays
- Biden meeting with Democrats as $3.5T plan faces party split
- Federal Reserve moves up timetable for a potential rate hike
- Garth Brooks says he’s playing dive bars instead of stadiums because ‘the dive bars are vaccinated’
- Banfield: Getting justice for Gabby Petito; latest in the Murdaugh saga