CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Kanye West is bringing a listening event for his new album “Donda” to his hometown Chicago.
The rapper’s third listening session will be held at Soldier Field on Aug. 26 at 9 p.m. Tickets go on sale Aug. 20.
West made the announcement Wednesday on Instagram in a post that reads: “Donda Soldier Field, 8-26-21.”
He has held two other events for “Donda” this summer at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. His Atlanta event included several big names such as Rick Ross, Khloe Kardashian and his estranged wife Kim Kardashian West, who showed up in a red jumpsuit with their kids.
West also lived inside the Atlanta stadium while he worked on his album.
“Donda” is West’s 10th studio album and is named after his late mother, Donda West. She died at the age of 58 following plastic surgery complications in 2007.
West’s new project is a follow up to his 2019 gospel-themed album “Jesus is King,” which won a Grammy for best contemporary Christian album.
Last year, West announced on Twitter — with colorful cover art and a track list — that he would release his latest album.
The Associated Press and NewsNation affiliate WGN contributed to this report.
- Chris Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by former ABC News executive
- Is the worst of the pandemic behind us?
- Bystander tackles minister accused of touching child inappropriately at Oklahoma bus stop
- ‘Maderna’ tourist wanted after skipping Hawaii Zoom hearing
- All-star cast announced for new Super Mario Bros. animated movie