(WTAJ) — Pixar Animation Studios has dropped the first teaser trailer for “Lightyear,” the origin story of the iconic “Toy Story” Space Ranger — but the movie will have little to do with Buzz and Woody.
The film will follow the origins of Buzz Lightyear, the space commander who inspired the iconic toy many fell in love with in 1995. In the trailer, we see the cadet seemingly struggle in training.
While the full plot is still unknown, it’s safe to say he succeeds, as he’s ultimately seen in the iconic Buzz Lightyear spacesuit toward the end of the trailer.
While Tim Allen carried the character through the “Toy Story” franchise, this tale of the more real and human Buzz is being voiced by Chris Evans. Yes, Captain America from the Marvel Cinematic Universe is now the space ranger who will eventually set out to battle the evil emperor Zurg — if that is indeed the story they want to tell.
The movie is scheduled for release on June 17, 2022.
Pixar’s first full-length film, “Toy Story,” was released in 1995. Disney bought the company for an astounding $7.4 billion in 2006, leaving Apple CEO Steve Jobs as the largest shareholder.
- Omicron hysteria, perks for the unvaccinated, and Iran’s nuclear program
- What we know about the omicron variant, more smash-and-grab thefts, and the Jussie Smollett trial begins
- Massachusetts governor considering vaccine passports
- Can a city declare itself a republic? Calif. town just did
- Schumer: ‘Goal’ is to pass Biden spending bill before Christmas