MALIBU, Calif. (AP) — Simon Cowell broke his back Saturday while testing his new electric bicycle at his home in California.
Cowell was expected to have surgery Saturday evening, according to a spokesperson for the entertainment mogul. Cowell fell off the bike while in the courtyard with his family at his house in Malibu. He was taken to a hospital and was said to be under observation and doing fine.
Cowell created “America’s Got Talent” and serves as a judge on the show. He has also been the judge on “Britain’s Got Talent,” “The X Factor” and “American Idol.”
- Can’t find the Amazon app icon on your phone? That’s because it got a makeover
- Heavy thunderstorms cause flooding in more than a dozen West Virginia counties
- Biden nominee for top economist post confirmed by Senate
- Abortion concerns prompt archdiocese warning on single-shot COVID-19 vaccine
- Budget nominee Neera Tanden withdraws nomination amid opposition