BENTONVILLE, Ark. (News Nation/KNWA) — Walmart announced on Wednesday the locations and dates for Walmart Drive-In — a pop-event set for more than 160 Supercenter locations across the country.
Tickets for family movies like Black Panther, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Back to the Future, and more will be free but must be requested in advance.
“We recognize the challenges our customers and their families have faced over the last few months, and we wanted to create an experience where they could come together safely to create new memories,” said Janey Whiteside, chief customer officer at Walmart.
The Arkansas-based retail giant first announced its partnership with Tribeca Enterprises in early July. The movie tour is set to begin this month and will run through October.
Drew Barrymore will serve as a “virtual host” for all events and will make a surprise in-person appearance at one location, the company says.
Celebrities like LeBron James, Jennifer Garner, Chrissy Metz and Peter Berg will also make surprise virtual or in-person appearances at select showings.
- Halloween in the pandemic: Costumes and candy, at a distance
- NewsNation Radio headlines – Evening 10/31/20
- Tens of thousands hold new protest over abortion ban in Poland
- Here’s how the Electoral College works
- England to enter new lockdown as UK virus cases pass million