LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Hawaii couple was arrested on Sunday after boarding a flight despite having tested positive for COVID-19.
The couple from Kauai was arrested for reckless endangerment after boarding a flight traveling from San Francisco to Lihue. Police say the 46-year-old man and 46-year-old woman knew they had tested positive for the virus and placed other passengers on the flight in “danger of death.”
The couple posted bail, which was set at $1,000 each.
Latest coronavirus headlines
- Austin man plants a flag for every Texan lost to COVID-19: ‘It’s become a memorial’
- Authorities bust underground ‘superspreader’ parties across Los Angeles County
- Military nurses, COVID tests coming to help hard-hit Arizona county
- WHO: ‘Not right’ to vaccinate young before old
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine