CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley has been exposed to the coronavirus and will “immediately quarantine” as he waits for tests results.
The Republican senator from Iowa released the following statement Tuesday on his Facebook page:
“I learned today that I’ve been exposed to the coronavirus. I will follow my doctors’ orders and immediately quarantine as I wait my test results,” Grassley wrote. “I’m feeling well and not currently experiencing any symptoms, but it’s important we all follow public health guidelines to keep each other healthy.”
Grassley said he will continue to conduct business “for the people of Iowa virtually at home.”
He has served as one of Iowa’s U.S. senators since 1981.
Latest coronavirus headlines
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- China economy grows in 2020 as rebound from virus gains
- Mexico says it’s OK with getting less Pfizer vaccine for now
- Fast-spreading UK coronavirus variant could be dominant in US by March, CDC says
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream