(NewsNation Now) — While the case of Gabby Petito made headlines for weeks, members of the public and her own family pleaded with the news media to give attention to more missing persons cases.
“I want everyone to help all the people that are missing and need help,” Joe Petito said Tuesday. “And like I said, it’s on all of you, everyone in this room, because it’s not just Gabby who deserves that.”
NewsNation is doing just that with our new weekly series “Missing” (formerly called “Missing in America”). We will highlight cases across the country and families searching for answers.
Our first feature included a case that predates Petito’s disappearance by more than two months. Daniel Robinson, 24, went missing in the vast Arizona desert June 23. The geologist left a nearby worksite that morning and hasn’t been heard from since.
His Jeep was found crashed in a ravine a month later with most of his belongings still inside, but no signs of Robinson.
Not sure how to find us? Here’s how to watch NewsNation on TV and online.
- December 4: A reward is offered in the search for Jennifer and James Crumbley. And Tom Petty receives a posthumous honor.
- Banfield: Search for Crumbleys after son charged, Sandy Hook father on Oxford
- Radio: US to restart Trump-era border program forcing asylum seekers to wait in Mexico
- Radio: Sheriff: Georgia teen killed as brother sells homemade gun
- Father of boy killed at Sandy Hook empathizes with Michigan victims