CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Independent journalist Hollie McKay shares what life is like in Afghanistan under Taliban control. Rep. Mark Green (R, Tenn.), a member of the House Armed Services and Foreign Affairs Committees, gives his analysis of the situation.
Former intelligence officials Dave Schanzer and Nathan Sales explain what the fall of Kabul means for the intelligence community.
Axios political reporter Stef Kight explains what the situation in Afghanistan means for Democrats as the 2022 midterms loom.
Former State Department antiterror specialist Morgan Wright joins Leland to explain how the Taliban and other extremist groups use social media as a tool.
Watch On Balance with Leland Vittert weeknights at 8/7c.
- CDC endorses COVID booster for millions of older Americans
- Where is Brian Laundrie? All-star panel weighs in.
- Migrant crisis, unruly passengers and Donald Trump’s recent public statements
- House Jan. 6 panel subpoenas Trump advisers, associates
- Grocery store shooting leaves two dead, including gunman; Mother of Jelani Day searches for answers