CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — If you’ve filled up your tank lately, then you know gas prices are skyrocketing. The national average for a gallon of gas is about $3.19.
The rising prices have the Biden administration so worried it is asking OPEC, a group of oil-producing countries, to increase supply and thus hopefully lower the price at the pump.
Ellen Wald, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council’s Global Energy Center and president of Transversal Consulting, joins On Balance to discuss the rising prices and the Biden administration response.
We also hear from Kristin Soltis Anderson. She is an expert in political polling, especially when it comes to how pocketbook issues affect voters.
Plus, “On Balance” host Leland Vittert, who lived in the Middle East for four years, breaks down what’s happening In Afghanistan as 3,000 U.S. troops head back to the country.
Watch On Balance with Leland Vittert weeknights at 8/7c.
- No school bus? No problem. Colorado boy kayaks to school
- Chris Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by former ABC News executive
- Is the worst of the pandemic behind us?
- Bystander tackles minister accused of touching child inappropriately at Oklahoma bus stop
- ‘Maderna’ tourist wanted after skipping Hawaii Zoom hearing