WASHINGTON (NewsNation Now) — Hours after President Donald Trump addressed the nation early Wednesday morning, Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s campaign said it’s willing to go to court to prevent ballots from being tabulated.
“The president’s statement tonight about trying to shut down the counting of duly cast ballots was outrageous, unprecedented, and incorrect,” said Jen O’Malley Dillon, Biden’s campaign manager.
She added that, “If the president makes good on his threat to go to court to try to prevent the proper tabulation of votes, we have legal teams standing by ready to deploy to resist that effort. And they will prevail.”
The threat of legal action comes after Trump warned that his campaign would turn to the U.S. Supreme Court to stop counting ballots.
“We want the law to be used in a proper manner. So we’ll be going to the U.S. Supreme Court. We want all voting to stop. We don’t want them to find any ballots at four o’clock in the morning and add them to the list. Okay? It’s a very sad moment. To me this is a very sad moment and we will win this. And as far as I’m concerned, we already have won it,” the president said after claiming victory in several key states that had not finished counting ballots.
Earlier in the night, Biden expressed confidence about winning several key states including Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. The presidential race still hasn’t been called in all three states, as of Wednesday afternoon.
“We knew because of the mail-in voting this would take longer than usual, it ain’t over until every ballot is counted. Every vote is counted,” Biden said in an election night speech from Wilmington, Delaware.