DALLAS (NewsNation Now) — Former President Donald Trump spoke on the final day of the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas Sunday.
It was one of his few public appearances since his organization was indicted on tax fraud charges.
“We will secure our borders, we will stop left wing canceled culture, we will restore free speech and fair elections and we will make America great again,” Trump said. “Very simple.”
The former president also continued his claims that the election was stolen from him, although intelligence experts did not find any evidence of that.
A handful of speakers also took the stage, rallying the Republican base heading into the midterm elections next year. They stuck to the same talk points: immigration, crime and critical race theory.
NewsNation spoke with David Siders, national political correspondent for Politico, about the motivation behind Trump’s public appearance and criticism of President Joe Biden. See the interview in the player above.
- Disney rejects Scarlett Johansson’s complaint over ‘Black Widow’ streaming release
- Mother found dead in car in front of two young children, Florida police say
- Cities with the fastest-growing populations and how the real estate market has changed in each
- Outdoor drinking party in athletes village is investigated
- US senators to move forward with infrastructure bill on Sunday