- Powered by Data from Midterm Elections Partner, Decision Desk HQ, NewsNation Calls Races in Key States, Including Florida, Pennsylvania, Atlanta, Nevada and Georgia
(NewsNation) — NewsNation, America’s fastest-growing cable news network, powered by data from midterm elections partner Decision Desk HQ (DDHQ), the leading provider of U.S. and international election results and related data, was the first news organization to tell the nation that Democrats would retain control of the U.S. Senate and Republicans would gain a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives. NewsNation made the calls a full 24 hours ahead of any other news organization.
Providing state-by-state results data, DDHQ powered NewsNation’s Decision Desk in determining the winners in all senate, house, and statewide primary and general midterm election races. On election night, the entire DDHQ team was headquartered at NewsNation in Chicago, providing up-to-the-minute polling and race call results throughout the evening. On Election Night, DDHQ called several key races ahead of the competition, including:
Key Governor Races
- New York Governor: 1 hour and 21 minutes ahead of AP, 25 minutes ahead of Fox News, 35 minutes ahead of CNN
- Nevada Governor: 1 hour and 46 minutes ahead of AP, 1 hour and 46 minutes ahead of Fox News, 1 hour and 47 minutes ahead of CNN
- Michigan Governor: 7 minutes ahead of AP, 35 minutes ahead of CNN
- Arizona Governor: 30 minutes ahead of AP, 28 minutes ahead of CNN, 1 hour and 4 minutes ahead of Fox News
Key Senate Races
- Nevada Senate/US Senate Control: 29 minutes ahead of AP, 42 minutes ahead of Fox News, 7 minutes ahead of CNN
- Florida Senate: 15 minutes ahead of AP, 14 minutes ahead of Fox News, 12 minutes ahead of CNN
- New Hampshire Senate: 69 minutes ahead of AP, 45 minutes ahead of Fox News
- Arizona Senate: 7 minutes ahead of AP, 26 minutes ahead of Fox News, 5 minutes ahead of CNN
- Pennsylvania Senate: 36 minutes ahead of AP, 4 minutes ahead of CNN
- Ohio Senate: 16 minutes ahead of AP, 15 minutes ahead of Fox News, 26 minutes ahead of CNN
- Georgia Runoff: 2 hours and 40 minutes ahead of AP, 9 minutes ahead of Fox News, 1 hour and six minutes ahead of CNN
- CA-3 was the 218th House seat called for Republican candidates, giving them a majority in the next Congress. That call was made at 6:13 pm EST on Tuesday, November 15th.
NewsNation is a national news and entertainment cable network reaching 70 million television households across the United States. Formerly known as WGN America, the network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXST). NewsNation is America’s source for unbiased news, where engaged citizens get news that represents the full range of perspectives across the country. The network draws on the local market, regional and national expertise of Nexstar’s 5,500 local journalists in 110 local newsrooms across the country. NewsNation is available across a variety of cable and satellite providers, streaming platforms, online, and on the NewsNationNow app.
About Decision Desk HQ
Founded on a commitment of “accurate, fast and first”, Decision Desk HQ is a US and international election night results reporting and data science and editorial service. In 2020, Decision Desk HQ was the first election race results and call service to declare Joe Biden the winner of the US Presidential Election and that Democrats had won a majority of seats in the US House and Senate. Of the 16 key races in November of 2020, Decision Desk HQ called 14 of them first. In 2021, Decision Desk HQ has been first to call 16 of the most important 18 races. Decision Desk HQ provides a wide variety of election night results and election data to media outlets, political organizations, and academics. To learn more about Decision Desk HQ election results and data services visit www.DDHQ.io.