As anniversaries pass, more and more Americans will have no personal recollections of the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. But those who do — and that’s still the majority — are still tied to that horrific turning point in American history.
Ashleigh Banfield was reporting live from Ground Zero while working for MSNBC. On “Banfield,” she looks back on the heroes she met that day.
David Theall, a former public affairs officer at the Pentagon, joins “Banfield” for his perspective on that day.
Also, NYPD officers Ed Mullins and Pete Panuccio join the show to explain the rescue efforts from that day.
Finally, Cantor Fitzgerald CEO Howard Lutnick in One World Trade explains his efforts to help the families of the 659 employees who were killed in the attack.
- ☀September 19: Law enforcement searching for Gabby Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie. And worries over another Capitol riot prove to be much ado about very little.
- Same goal, different paths: US, EU seek to maximize vaccine rates
- Cancel culture dominates season 2 of ‘The Morning Show’
- Primetime Emmy Awards about shows, stars, statues — and an ever-changing industry
- ‘Let’s party. Let’s celebrate’: Host Cedric the Entertainer says stuffiness is banned at Emmys