CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — President Biden pledged to bring Americans in Kabul back home Friday, as flights from the airport there resumed after being grounded for several hours.
The New England region is bracing for its first hurricane in 30 years as Tropical Storm Henri is expected to gain strength before it makes landfall this weekend. Hurricane warnings are now in effect for most of Long Island and coastal Connecticut, and New York City is under a tropical storm watch.
Meanwhile, parts of the south are still reeling from tropical storm Fred, and four people are dead with five still missing in North Carolina after the remnants of that storm raced through this week.
Across the country in California, another major city is implementing a vaccine mandate today. You’ll have to prove you’re fully vaccinated to do anything indoors in San Francisco, like eat or work out, or you’ll be turned away.
- Watch: Inside the battle to secure the southern border
- Booster shots: CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky weighs on who needs them and who doesn’t
- Watch: Florida deputies survive ambush during traffic stop
- CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Facebook’s pause on Instagram for kids, and what’s happening in Congress this week
- Tribe termination: Cleveland Indians beat Kansas City Royals in last home game before name change