ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — NFL linebacker Barkevious Mingo, who is currently with the Atlanta Falcons, has been arrested in Texas on a charge of indecency with a child-sexual contact, police said Saturday.
Mingo, 30, was arrested on Thursday by police in the Dallas suburb of Arlington. Jail records listed an address for Mingo in West Monroe, Louisiana.
Arlington Police said in a statement that the agency could provide no further information about the investigation, citing “the nature of the charges and age of the victim.”
“Mingo turned himself in on his own accord in consultation with his attorney,” police said.
- US dismisses suit against Vermont hospital over abortions
- Study finds early COVID-19 symptoms vary among age groups, genders
- Judge denies new trial request in Mollie Tibbetts case
- Photos: Huge blaze engulfs railroad tie recycling plant in Alabama
- Back to school: Education Dept. releases ‘roadmap’ for schools preparing for in-person learning
Mingo was released after posting a $25,000 bond.
His attorney did not immediately return an email seeking comment on Saturday.
Mingo was chosen by Cleveland as the sixth overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft. He signed a one-year contract in March with the Falcons. Mingo also has played for Chicago, Houston, New England and Seattle during his NFL career.
The Falcons terminated Mingo’s contract Saturday night “after being made aware today of allegations involving Barkevious Mingo and gathering information on the matter.”