TOKYO (AP) — Australian canoeist Jessica Fox found a perfectly stretchy, waterproof material for a boat repair at the Tokyo Olympics.
Fox won a bronze medal in women’s kayak slalom and gold in the canoe slalom.
She posted a video on social media this week of someone making repairs to the nose of her boat. A gooey carbon mixture is first applied before the condom is used to secure it in place. The caption reads “Very stretchy. Much strong.”
The 27-year-old Fox is the world’s top-ranked paddler in canoe and kayak and won the first women’s canoe slalom race in Olympic history.
- Boy dies from brain-eating amoeba found at Texas splash pad
- Atlanta spa shooting suspect pleads not guilty in 4 killings
- Man dies during attempted burglary after getting ‘trapped’ in restaurant’s exhaust fan, police say
- Maryland newspaper gunman gets more than 5 life prison terms
- Power cuts in China may lead to Christmas shopping shortages in the US