(The Donlon Report) — The United States has as been spending big in the pandemic and it wants the rest of the world to do so too.
Treasury secretary Janet Yellen is calling on the world’s largest economies to help prop up developing countries or face a “permanent divergence” in the global economy.
In a statement to international financial leaders this week, Yellen said the global community cannot allow financing to become an obstacle to vaccine rollout
Economists have been concerned about the slow rollout of vaccines around the world with 130 countries yet to even administer a vaccine. Many are developing countries.
So how can we help?
Watch Mitch Roschelle answer the question on The Donlon Report in the player above.
- President Biden’s first 100 days
- Tracking COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Tracking unaccompanied children in US custody
- Latest on coronavirus stimulus
- Subscribe to newsletters
- Find NewsNation on your TV
- Download the NewsNation Now App