LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Three snow leopards have died at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo of complications from COVID-19.
The zoo made the announcement in a Facebook post Friday, describing the deaths of the three leopards — named Ranney, Everest, and Makalu— as “truly heartbreaking.”
The zoo began treating the leopards and two Sumatran tigers for the virus last month. The zoo said the tigers, Axl and Kumar, have made a “seemingly full recovery.”
The zoo said it remains open to the public and continues to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to humans and animals.
Copyright 2021 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
- Jack in the Box to buy Del Taco in $575M deal
- December 7: Why did shooting suspect go back to class? Most mispronounced words announced.
- Authorities pursue deceased alleged serial killer’s cold cases
- School shooting suspect and parents in same jail; Baldwin’s life after ‘Rust’ tragedy
- Banfield: School shooting suspect and parents in same jail