ULYSSES, Kan. (AP) — A 13-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of fatally shooting another teen in southwestern Kansas last month, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation said.
The Grant County Sheriff’s Office arrested the boy Thursday afternoon on suspicion of second-degree murder, criminal possession of a firearm and possession of stolen property in the April fatal shooting of 14-year-old Christopher Garcia, the KBI said in a news release.
- Why is dental cosmetic surgery now considered the ‘new boob job’
- CDC warns of unseasonal increase in RSV cases across southern U.S.
- Banfield: Cast of ‘Live PD’ reunites to discuss policing in America, possible future for the show
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey
- Daredevil Alex Harvill dies while attempting world-record motorcycle jump
Investigators have said Garcia was shot April 28 at a Ulysses park and taken to a Wichita hospital, where he died four days later. The 13-year-old arrested is being held at the Southwest Kansas Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Garden City.
Authorities have not released the name of the teen arrested, and The Associated Press typically does not name juveniles charged with crimes.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.