Child shocked by power line in Nashville while playing barefoot in rain

Mid-South

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A child was hospitalized Sunday night after being shocked while playing in the rain near downtown Nashville.  

The Nashville Fire Department told NewsNation affiliate WKRN the child was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. 

Crews were originally called the scene for a reported crash but first-responders quickly determined the child was injured by an electrical hazard.

The child was barefoot and tripped on a down power line, according to the Nashville Fire Department.

Nearly 1,300 Nashville Electric Service customers were without power in the immediate area as storms moved through Middle Tennessee. 

© 1998 - 2021 Nexstar Inc. | All Rights Reserved.

Trending on NewsNationNow.com