CAMERON, La. (AP) — A head found along a highway near the Louisiana coast three years ago has been identified as that of a Texas woman who was last seen in 2017.
Investigators used dental records to identify the dead person as Sally Ann Hines, 58, of San Antonio, news outlets reported.
- Why is dental cosmetic surgery now considered the ‘new boob job’
- CDC warns of unseasonal increase in RSV cases across southern U.S.
- Banfield: Cast of ‘Live PD’ reunites to discuss policing in America, possible future for the show
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey
- Daredevil Alex Harvill dies while attempting world-record motorcycle jump
Police had received a tip recently about a missing person who looked like a computer-generated image of the head, said Cameron Parish Sheriff Ron Johnson.
Hines was reported missing in San Antonio on Dec. 14, 2017. A crew picking up litter found the head on Louisiana 27 between Hackberry and Holly Beach on March 1, 2018.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.