ST. CHARLES COUNTY, M.O (News Nation) — Two men, including a St. Louis area police officer, overdosed on fentanyl after thinking it was cocaine, according to police.
The two men were found in a car on a street in St. Charles, 30 minutes northwest of St. Louis, Sunday. Both men are alive after the overdose.
One of the men said they bought what they thought was cocaine in the parking lot of Ameristar Casino, according to court records.
One of the men was identified as a police officer with the north St. Louis County municipality Bellefontaine Neighbors. The police department said the officer has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.
No other information about the two men was available. Ameristar Casino said it is working closely with law enforcement on this investigation.
News Nation affiliate KVTI contributed to this report.
- Former Blue Bell Creameries CEO charged in deadly listeria case
- NewsNation radio headlines – Evening 10/21/20
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Short-video app Quibi shutting down just months after launch
- Democrats to boycott Barrett vote at Senate Judiciary hearing