CHICAGO (WGN) — An 18-year-old was charged with attempted murder in connection to a double shooting that injured a 2-year-old and a 31-year-old man.
Miguel Avelar, 18, was charged Monday with two felony counts of attempted first-degree murder after being identified as the suspect who shot and injured the 2-year-old and the man around 7:30 p.m. on July 13.
The father and son were in front of a residence when a dark-colored vehicle pulled up and a suspect exited the vehicle and fired shots in their direction.
The boy was shot in the left leg and the man was shot in the face, police said. The two were self-transported to local hospitals in critical condition.
- Target to require masks for workers in areas with substantial COVID risk
- SoulCycle, Equinox to require proof of vaccination for all customers and employees
- RSV: what is it, and why are child cases surging in the wake of COVID-19?
- Tuxedoed groom accused of shooting 2 in wedding night dispute during traffic jam
- Frank Ocean will headline 2023 Coachella