According to a Facebook post, the Cass County Sheriff’s Office received a report of an accidental shooting before 4 a.m. Once deputies arrived at the home, they learned the boy had shot the girl inside the residence.
The post explains that family members started to take the girl to the hospital, but an ambulance arrived and took over mid-trip, attempting lifesaving efforts.
The girl was pronounced dead at the hospital. An autopsy is pending amid the police investigation.
- Cancel culture dominates season 2 of ‘The Morning Show’
- Primetime Emmy Awards about shows, stars, statues — and much, much more
- ‘Let’s party. Let’s celebrate’: Host Cedric the Entertainer says stuffiness is banned at Emmys
- ‘Strength to forgive’: 9/11 hate crime survivor working to curb violence and hatred
- Haitian migrants at border vow not to be deterred by US plans to expel them