CHICAGO (AP) — A 19-year-old pregnant woman was found dead in Lake Michigan earlier this month, authorities said.
Lake County authorities identified her as Yarianna Wheeler. Her body was recovered Aug. 15 after a fisherman saw it floating in the water three miles southeast of Waukegan Harbor.
She was about six to seven months pregnant and her body had likely been in the water for several days. Her autopsy showed she had suffered “several sharp force injuries,” but an official cause of death hasn’t been released.
Her death was being investigated as a homicide.
After Lake County sheriff’s detectives received a tip, Wheeler was identified using dental records.
© Copyright 2021 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
- Disney World comments on video of little boy tipping his hat for costumed princesses: ‘This is adorable’
- Arrest made after man kicks woman down New York subway station escalator
- Amazon to employ 1,500 from both sides of the border at new California facility
- 2 of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s children test positive for COVID-19
- Flight attendant promises to ‘be annoying’ about mask requirement in viral video