CHICAGO (WGN) — Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the Chicago Park District announced Wednesday 22 beaches will reopen this Friday for the 2021 season.
This will be the first time Chicago beaches have opened for public use since Sept. 2, 2019, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The return of beach season is another step forward with Open Chicago, the Lightfoot’s initiative to safely and fully reopen the city.
- Falling short: Why the White House will miss its vax target
- 16-year-old helps Missouri officer in scuffle during arrest
- Palace: Japan emperor ‘worried’ about Olympics amid pandemic
- ‘We have a deal’: Biden, senators reach bipartisan agreement on infrastructure plan
- Unvaccinated people now account for nearly all COVID deaths in US
The 2021 beach season runs through Sept. 6.