CHICAGO (WGN) — Chicago has seen more shootings already this year than in all of 2019.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports there have been more than 3,100 shooting victims in the city through the Labor Day weekend. That is up 9% from the same time last year.
In 2019, there were 430 fewer shootings in the entire year.
As of Monday, there have been 535 homicides this year, 10 more than at the same time last year.
At least 16 children 15 and younger have been shot and killed this year — that’s three times the rate of 2020.
- Facebook steps back from Instagram for kids ‘to work with parents, experts’
- Pfizer submits promising data to FDA from vaccine trial with kids ages 5-11
- Wells Fargo pays $37M to resolve Justice Department lawsuit over forex services
- How will the infrastructure and spending bills impact you?
- Gabby Petito case: Search for Brian Laundrie continues, Petito’s family set to speak