FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Federal authorities say a man on trial in Fargo, North Dakota, has slashed his own throat in the courtroom and died.
North Dakota U.S. Marshal Dallas Carlson said the incident happened Monday afternoon after a jury returned a partial guilty verdict against the man, who had faced terrorizing-related charges.
- Loan relief granted to defrauded for-profit college students
- Royal Caribbean delays Odyssey of the Seas launch after crew tests positive for COVID-19
- Wisconsin bill would forbid proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Watch: Moose takes a swim next to paddleboarder in Colorado lake
- Jared Kushner has book deal, publication expected in 2022
Carlson says the jury had left the courtroom, but U.S. District Judge Peter Welte, courtroom staff and others witnessed the incident.
Court security officers and deputy marshals attempted live-saving measures in the courtroom.
© Copyright 2021 Associated Press. All rights reserved