DETROIT (NewsNation Now) — Fans waited in long lines Wednesday for a taste of Mom’s Spaghetti, Eminem’s new restaurant in downtown Detroit. Ten lucky customers were served pasta by the rapper himself.
The restaurant is named after a lyric in the Oscar-winning song “Lose Yourself,” which was featured in the movie 8 Mile: “His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy / There’s vomit on his sweater already, mom’s spaghetti.”
Mom’s Spaghetti is a partnership between Shady Records and Union Joints restaurant group.
“The opportunity to build a permanent location based on an incredibly meta-reference was one that everyone at Union Joints, as a Metro Detroit restaurant group, took very seriously,” Curt Catallo, co-owner, of Union Joints said in a news release. “We’re proud of the fact that we created a scratch sauce that tastes like it’s straight from the jar, and wok-firing the noodles gives it that leftover pasta snap.”
The menu is entirely spaghetti. There’s plain spaghetti for $9, spaghetti with meatballs for $12, or vegan balls for $14, and spaghetti sandwiches for $11.
- Mexico asks U.S. for conditions to resume return of asylum seekers
- Ghislaine Maxwell sex abuse case set to begin
- ‘Vaccine’ chosen as the 2021 word of the year by Merriam-Webster
- Josh Duggar trial: A timeline of events and everything to know
- November 29: Here is where omicron variant has spread. And get a jump on Cyber Monday shopping