CHICAGO (WGN-TV) — Lollapalooza officials announced masks will be required by all patrons in any indoor spaces at Grant Park beginning Saturday, based on advice from the Chicago Department of Public Health.
The requirement is in place for all attendees regardless of vaccination status, and the festival will continue to require vaccination cards or proof of a negative COVID-19 test for admission each day.
The announcement comes as state and local health officials are grappling with a rapid rise of COVID-19 cases, many of which can be attributed to the more contagious Delta variant.
The CDC recently revised its mask guidelines after evidence showing that vaccinated individuals can transmit the virus to others.
- Watch: Inside the battle to secure the southern border
- Booster shots: CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky weighs on who needs them and who doesn’t
- Watch: Florida deputies survive ambush during traffic stop
- CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Facebook’s pause on Instagram for kids, and what’s happening in Congress this week
- Tribe termination: Cleveland Indians beat Kansas City Royals in last home game before name change