A source told NewsNation affiliate WGN the woman was arrested after an altercation with security and police at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
Oak Lawn police said the mother of Emonte and Eric Morgan attempted to enter her son’s hospital room at the hospital. Officers say the woman kicked them as they were trying to escort her out.
She faces misdemeanor charges of battery, trespassing and resisting.
Officer Ella French was killed Saturday night during a traffic stop on the city’s Southwest Side. Her partner remains hospitalized. Chicago police Supt. David Brown said the wounded officer is in critical condition but is “incrementally improving.”
Emonte Morgan, 21, is charged with first-degree murder, two counts of attempted first-degree murder of a peace officer, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. He was shot twice during the exchange on Saturday. He was ordered held without bond.
Eric Morgan, 22, is charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and obstruction of justice. Police said Eric Morgan was driving the vehicle. He was also denied bond.
- Flower shortage hits businesses as wedding boom drives demand
- Nurses are leaving the profession, and replacing them won’t be easy
- Tone-deaf, offensive and downright dull: The worst movies of the past 20 years, according to Metacritic
- ☀September 19: Law enforcement searching for Gabby Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie. And worries over another Capitol riot prove to be much ado about very little.
- Same goal, different paths: US, EU seek to maximize vaccine rates