SOUTH EUCLID, Ohio (WTRF) — An Ohio woman was arrested Tuesday after hitting another woman in the face with a 10-pound log of prepackaged meat at Walmart.
Authorities said officers were dispatched to the potato chip aisle at a South Euclid Walmart following reports of a disturbance between two women. Upon arrival, police learned that one woman had a protection order against the other.
When the two women made eye contact, the protected party was confronted by the other woman, who threatened to “beat her ***” as well as her 7-year-old daughter, police said.
- Radio: Teamsters union steps up efforts to organize Amazon workers
- Radio: Airlines scramble to keep up with post-pandemic travel demand
- Radio: White House concedes US likely to miss July 4 COVID-19 vaccine target
- Banfield: NBA legend Scottie Pippen’s next act; New details in the Murdaugh murders investigation
- Biden pushes effort to combat rising tide of violent crime
The suspect attempted to spit on the other woman and then hit her in the face with a 10-pound log of prepackaged meat, according to a Facebook post shared by the South Euclid Police Department.
Officers arrested the woman and charged her with assault and violating a temporary protection order.
Police said it is unknown as to what initially led to the beef between the two women.