KENOSHA, Wis. (NewsNation Now) — Two people are dead and five others have been injured in a fire at a senior apartment complex in Kenosha, Wisconsin Monday night.
Kenosha Fire Department Battalion Chief Ken Schroeder said the fire started at the Saxony Manor apartments about 9:30 p.m. Two of the five injured have life-threatening injuries, according to fire officials.
Police say 10 other residents were able to get out safely and are currently displaced.
According to its website, Saxony Manor offers apartments for income-eligible individuals ages 62 years and older.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
- Reports: Explosion kills 2, injures 4 near Philadelphia
- ‘They weren’t prepared’: Ex-CIA officer on shooting timeline
- Reports: Texas governor to skip NRA, go back to Uvalde
- Police response to Texas school massacre in question
- Texas shooter sent warning signs, messages — mostly too late