WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) — A shooter wounded two officers as they investigated a report of shots fired inside a Wisconsin hotel, police said.
The officers responded Saturday night to the Radisson Hotel, Wauwatosa police said in a news release.
Witnesses and guests told the officers that gunshots had come from the 2nd floor, police said. The officers were shot when they went to investigate. Both sustained injuries not considered to be life-threatening.
The suspect was arrested but was not immediately identified. Additional officers performed a sweep of the hotel and no other injuries were reported, police said.
The Milwaukee Area Investigative Team was expected to handle the investigation.
- Biden vaccine rule for health workers blocked in 10 states
- Dayton mass shooter fantasized about killing for years, FBI says
- ‘Gifts from the Heart’: Biden White House Christmas decorations unveiled
- What increases your odds of winning the lottery multiple times?
- UNLV student who collapsed after boxing event dies