WINTHROP, Mass. (NewsNation Now) — Three people are dead, including the suspected, after multiple shootings Saturday in Winthrop, Massachusetts, according to police.
Massachusetts State Police said a man stole a truck owned by a plumbing and drain company and then crashed into a residential building.
A large truck crashed into a building around 2:40 p.m. near the intersection of Shirley and Cross Streets, the Winthrop Police Department said.
- Disney reveals Star Wars ‘Starcruiser’ pricing starting at $2,400 per guest
- Pentagon IDs officer killed in violence outside building
- MGM Resorts to sell land in $17.2B deal
- Watch: Bodycam footage released in Florida building collapse response
- ‘Pass Over’ opens as first play on Broadway since coronavirus pandemic began
Winthrop Police Chief Terence Delahanty confirmed the vehicle involved in the crash is reported stolen and that no one was inside the house at the time of the crash.
After the crash, the man exited the vehicle and proceeded to flee on foot. At some point shortly thereafter, the suspect, who was armed, is believed to have shot a woman and a man, who both died of their injuries.
Upon arrival, police quickly identified a suspect and confronted him. Winthrop Police Chief Terence Delahanty confirmed that police fired shots at the suspect during the encounter.
The suspect was transported to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
One police officer was taken to an area hospital for an evaluation but was not seriously injured.