Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said on Twitter the suspect, identified by police as Bradley K. Hill, was taken into custody and thanked detectives for apprehending the man.
Video from the Sept. 9 attack showed the man passed the woman on the escalator. After a brief verbal exchange, he kicked the 32-year-old woman in the chest, then fled from the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center station.
The woman suffered cuts and bruises to her back, arms, legs, right knee and right thigh and trauma to her left ankle, but she refused medical attention at the scene, police said.
Hill, 32, of Brooklyn, was charged with assault and attempted assault, according to the NYPD.
- October 24: Dems scramble to find common ground on Biden bill. And it’s the Braves and the Astros in the World Series.
- Brave new world: Atlanta beats LA 4-2, heads to World Series
- Braves vs. Astros: A World Series 6 decades in the making
- Philadelphia Union, Subaru reach MLS zero-landfill stadium goal
- 1st big New Orleans parade since pandemic a go: Krewe of Boo