ELIZABETH, N.J. (WPIX) — A 3-year-old boy New Jersey boy fell from a window at his home and was attacked by dogs in the backyard, officials said Thursday.
He suffered serious injuries and died at the hospital shortly after 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Top dog! Pekingese named Wasabi wins Westminster show
- Lebanon’s currency reaches new low as crisis deepens
- Radio: President Biden says ‘The US is back’ at G7 summit of world leaders
- Radio: Knesset approves new coalition, ending Netanyahu’s long rule
- Radio: South Carolina mother and son found shot to death; murders may be linked to 2019 boat crash
An investigation found the dogs, which belonged to the victim’s family, were in the fenced yard when the boy fell through the screen door of the South 5th Street window of the Elizabeth home around 5:25 p.m., officials said. A local animal organization secured the dogs.
Local authorities launched an investigation into the circumstances around the boy’s death. Elizabeth health officials ordered the dogs removed from the home. Their status is currently unknown.
Officials have not filed any criminal charges.