NEW YORK (WPIX) — Disturbing video shows a man kicking a woman inside a Brooklyn subway station, sending her falling down the moving escalator, New York City police said.
The video below may be disturbing to some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.
Video from the Sept. 9 attack shows the man pass the woman on the escalator. After a brief exchange, he kicked the 32-year-old woman in the chest, then fled on foot from the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center Station.
The woman suffered cuts and bruises to her back, arms, legs, right knee and right thigh and trauma to her left ankle, but she refused medical attention at the scene, police said.
Officials have asked for help identifying the man.
Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), visiting crimestoppers.nypdonline.org, downloading the NYPD Crime Stoppers mobile app, or texting 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577. Spanish-speaking callers are asked to dial 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).
- Tone-deaf, offensive and downright dull: The worst movies of the past 20 years, according to Metacritic
- ☀September 19: Law enforcement searching for Gabby Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie. And worries over another Capitol riot prove to be much ado about very little.
- Same goal, different paths: US, EU seek to maximize vaccine rates
- Cancel culture dominates season 2 of ‘The Morning Show’
- Primetime Emmy Awards about shows, stars, statues — and an ever-changing industry