BROOKLYN, N.Y. (WPIX) — A 24-year-old mother faces attempted murder charges after she threw her 4-week-old baby and her 2-year-old child as well as herself out of an apartment window in Brooklyn Saturday, police said.
Police say the woman then jumped out of the window herself.
The incident happened just after 11:30 a.m. at a residential building located in Brownsville, Brooklyn.
According to authorities, the woman pushed an air conditioner out of the apartment window and then threw her 4-week-old baby and 2-year-old child out the window. She then jumped naked from the window, officials said.
- New Russian lab briefly knocks space station out of position
- Texas deputy AG apologizes to Simone Biles after calling her ‘childish’ and ‘selfish’
- Kimmann, Shriever win BMX racing gold; American Fields stretchered off
- Japan expands virus emergency after record spikes amid Games
- Navy charges sailor with setting fire that destroyed warship
It was not immediately known which floor the apartment is located on.
All three were rushed to an area hospital, where the infant was listed in critical condition, police said.
The mom and toddler’s conditions were described as “stable” by authorities.
It was not clear what led to the disturbing incident. Police said the incident remains under investigation.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.