LANCASTER, Pa. (NewsNation Now) — Multiple people were injured in a shooting at a Pennsylvania mall Sunday afternoon, police said.
The Lancaster City Police Department said a person fired a handgun during a fight between several men at Park City Center, a shopping mall in Lancaster County.
Authorities said three men and one woman suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot. Two other women received minor injuries while trying to get away.
Investigators are now processing evidence and reviewing videos captured by witnesses and surveillance cameras.
An employee who was at the mall during the time of the reported shooting told NewsNation affiliate WHTM that once shots were fired, the employees were told to run to the back room of their store. When the scene was safe, they were evacuated.
Park City Center will remain closed until Monday, police said. The mall’s website says more than 150 stores make up the shopping area in the heart of Lancaster County.
This is a developing story. Additional information will be released when it becomes available.
NewsNation affiliate WHTM and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Former NFL player Glenn Foster dies after Sunday arrest
- Defense rests in Jussie Smollett trial, Brooke Shields reflects on Barbara Walters interview, Gayle King looks back on R. Kelly interview
- Radio: Bidens honor Pearl Harbor’s fallen in visit to WWII Memorial
- Radio: New York City poised to give voting rights to noncitizens
- Ex-Montana police chief pleads guilty to child porn charge