HAMILTON, Ohio (WJW) — An Ohio woman accused of trying to abandon her 6-year-old son at a park, dragging him as she drove away, and later dumping his body in the Ohio River has been indicted on 16 counts, including murder and corpse abuse.
Butler County court records listed no attorney for 29-year-old Brittany Gosney, of Middletown.
Authorities say she told investigators her son, James Hutchinson, was killed at a park in southern Preble County when he grabbed for a vehicle door and was dragged as she drove away.
Police believe Gosney and her boyfriend, James Hamilton, 42, dumped the body into the river last weekend.
They were indicted Friday.
- Leadership shakeup continues at GameStop, CEO to depart
- 2 killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat
- Rwanda report blames France for ‘enabling’ the 1994 genocide
- Pig’s head left at former home of Derek Chauvin defense witness
- Senate to debate Asian-American hate crime bill Monday
Hamilton was indicted on 15 counts, including corpse abuse, tampering with evidence, endangering children, kidnapping and abduction. No attorney was listed for him in online court records.
Authorities say two other children who lived in the Middletown home have been removed into foster care. Middletown officials have set up a memorial fund to support them in honor of their brother.
The child’s body hasn’t been found. The City of Middletown said Friday the search for the body of James Hutchinson will resume Sunday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.